An easy 5-day sprout. Mix of lentils, radish, alfalfa, red clover, mustard. Our first mix and still a best-seller.
- Days to Sprout: 4 to 5
- Soak Time: 4-6 hours
- Yield: 1 tbsp of dry seed yields approx. 2-3 cups of sprouts.
- Storage: Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
Soak: Put 1-2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar with a sprouting lid. Add water, swirl, and drain. Refill jar with water and soak 4-12 hours. Drain well and invert jar at an angle on a sprouting or draining rack, or in a bowl or drain rack.
Rinse: Twice a day, refill jar with cold water, swirl, and drain well.
Enjoy! Ready to eat in 5 days. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry.)
- Some sprouts tend to clump together as they grow. To separate, fill the jar with water, remove the screen and stir gently with a fork during the regular rinse. Remove hulls if desired. Drain well.
- The drier they are the better sprouts keep. Be sure to let sprouts grow another half day after the final sorting rinse before storing in the fridge. Optional: put folded paper towel on top of the sprouts in the jar. Put lid on and refrigerate turned upside down. This removes excess moisture.
- If your home is very warm during the summer months, it may help to rinse the sprouts three times a day with cold water. Stir gently if clumping.
- To remove the hulls and unsprouted seeds from leafy sprouts, use a special sorting rinse. Pull sprouts out of the jar into a large bowl filled with water. Swish gently to separate the tangled roots. Most hulls will separate and rise or sink. Discard the hulls. Collect the sprouts back to the jar with or without aid of a strainer. Return sprouts to jar, drain, and continue sprouting for another half a day or so.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.